Want to have your safety management system set up by specialists?
- Want to have a safety management system set up for you?
- Want to make your company safer and more healthy by implementing a quality system?
- Want to convince stakeholders, customers and governments with your SCC (Safety Certificate for Contractors) certification and/or ISO 45001?
The specialists from SOVE and our network will help you further!
For years now, Sove has been proficient in the implementation, support, monitoring and after-care with regard to your safety management system, the SCC certificate and the ISO 45001 standard.
What is an SCC certificate?
SCC (in Dutch: VCA) is a safety management system, whereby SCC stands for SHE (Safety, Health and Environment (in Dutch: VGM) Checklist for Contractors. As the word itself indicates, the SCC is a checklist with different questions around specific themes.
As a company, you can obtain such a certificate if you demonstrate that your company and your people are aware of the dangers involved in the performance of their work. And that you are also committed to a continuous improvement of workplace safety. It also demonstrates to outsiders – customers and potential clients – that you meet the legal safety requirements.
Is SCC mandatory?
No, an SCC certificate is not mandatory. Nevertheless, it is highly recommended. And is indeed a must if you want to be considered for certain contracts. More and more clients and potential customers are demanding that the companies they work with have SCC certification. You thereby also guarantee to your employees that they are working in a safe environment.
For what type of companies is the SCC certificate intended?
Originally intended for the petrochemical sector, SCC certification is now also common in the following high-risk sectors:
- Building construction industry
- Metal construction
- Industrial cleaning and maintenance
- Providers of technical services
- Electrotechnical industry
The SCC certificate is intended for companies with employees. If you are self-employed without staff, a BeSaCC (Belgian Safety Criteria for Contractors) certificate will suffice.
How can SOVE help you with your SCC?
We support and guide you towards certification. We conduct an audit and look at where the pain points are, while also ensuring the necessary administrative obligations and that the right documents are completed. We bring clarity where it’s needed.
Our prevention advisors have the necessary experience with SCC certification, and know the problem areas. We also provide follow-up once you have obtained your SCC certificate. Your certificate is valid for 3 years, and, after those 3 years, we will take an in-depth look at what still needs to be worked on.
ISO 45001: international management system for safe and healthy working conditions
We not only help you with your SCC certification: we are also very familiar with ISO standards. With regard to safety, the ISO 45001 standard is an international management system for health and safety at work. If you obtain this ISO standard, this will demonstrate that you guarantee safety on the workplace and aim to prevent dangerous situations.
It goes just a step further than SCC certification, and is similar to the ISO 14001 standard in terms of environmental management. Furthermore, it can also be implemented in any sector. SCC certification is only aimed at the construction sector and other technical and industrial companies.
We are familiar with the implementation and follow-up of your ISO 45001 standard. The work is always carried out in teamwork, so that your company can continue autonomously after our supporting role.
Why the ISO 45001 standard? What are the benefits for you?
- You demonstrate to the outside world that you ensure safe working conditions.
- You place the well-being and health of your employees first.
- Your corporate image receives a positive boost.
- There are fewer occupational accidents, and less absenteeism or disability for work.
- You create a safe and healthy corporate culture.
- It is an international standard that gives you a competitive edge.
- You thereby increase your chances of winning contracts with potential customers.
Why choose SOVE for the implementation of your ISO 45001 standard?
- We can take away many of the worries and concerns surrounding the implementation of your ISO 45001 standard.
- Over the years, we have built up all the necessary expertise and knowledge. You can count on our experience and know-how without any limitations.
- We think along with your company.
Internal training, awareness-raising and audits
In addition, we can also help you with awareness-raising and training of your employees. We also carry out audits where necessary, and can always help you with after-care and further support in obtaining or maintaining the standards and certificates.
Need help setting up your safety management system?
Achieving your SCC certificate? Or obtaining your ISO 45001?
SOVE will help you quickly and expertly.
Call +32 (0)475 71 76 28